3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stereo Question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 AM
bighorn10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Question...

Hey all, I am new to the forums and have a question that someone might be able to answer ... I have a 2008 1500 slt quad cab/sb ... and everytime I turn on my car the radio goes to the sat radio instead of the aux , which is what I had it on when I turned the truck off ... any ideas on how to switch it ?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I only dealt with the factory radio for 200 miles before i swapped out, but I' sure it has to do with advertisement to make you buy more sattelite radio. Just sounds like it was done on purpose. I never used the AUX jack. Only FM and i think I flipped through the sattelite channels 2 or 3 times, but never stayed there. I'm not a fan of it. The channel switching took too damn long IMO. The channels had a 2 or3 second delay from when you changed the channel till the music came on. Very annoying. I wasn't impressed with the factory radio at all. Not for a $40k stickered truck

Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nah the base REC radio is junk. the navi mygig is sick. sounds like something is up with yours though mine is an 08 and it stays on whatever I put it on. To be honest I'd just let it go and put a new one. if you take it to the dealer there is a lot of dissasembly needed to get the radio out and the techs always take shortcuts and leave out screws and then you get dash rattles which is a PITA. I'd just replace it with aftermarket. the avic f90 that dirty has is nice the new avhp4100dvd is nice too. both are from pioneer.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah if it didnt come with Navi then I would pull it out and add an aftermarket HU. I pulled my stock out and put in a Pioneer AVIC Z1

Quick Reply: Stereo Question...