3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

engine struggling to start up.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
hemipower05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question engine struggling to start up.....

i have noticed that within the past month, maybe month and a half, my truck will sound like it just barely want to start up in the mornings..... its every morning when i want to go somewhere... i used to notice it every now and then but now its ALL the time.... and once ive started it in the morning, itll start up perfectly smoothly for the rest of the day any ideas on whats goin on?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the condition of your battery, and connection posts

Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
hemipower05
Professional

you know its funny you say that..... im starting to think i have a bad battery because ive noticed that when im driving my truck and have my fan on high (for blowing hot air or cold air inside of the cab) my battery level drops but as soon as i turn the fan off the needle goes back to its normal position.... u think that could b a battery related issue too?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:42 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

^^^That sounds more like your alternator (which could cause a bad battery) but dropping a bit from a heavy load is also normal...for the starting issue your fuel pump could be taking longer to prime. How long during the day, after you get to work or whatever, does the truck sit and still start up smoothly?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 PM
hemipower05
Professional

anywhere from 30 mins to 5 hours.... it changes but like 2 months ago my sister took my truck and didnt want to put gas in it so on her way home it ran out of gas.... could that have ****ed up anything?

Quick Reply: engine struggling to start up.....