3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Simple Mopar tow harness install question on 05

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
ramjamhemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Mopar tow harness install question on 05

Simple question. I'm installing a Mopar 7pin towing harness (M82207253). Every other page of the install guide is poor printing. I know I'm supposed to remove the left taillight and splice a wire from the tow harness into it, but I don't know what it is for? Is this for brake lights or reverse lights? the diagram looks like it's calling out WT/LG (white with light green stripe right?) When I look at the wires, the is a green with white stripe (brakes), and a white with a green stripe and another white with a different green stripe. See my problem. I guess my eyesight is going...... I can just probe the wires for the right function if I just know what I'm supposed to tap into (brake lights or reverse?)

Thanks

Old 04-18-2009, 03:21 PM
ramjamhemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha. I'm a moron. The wiring is labeled on the connector itself. Now that I think about, reverse lights make sense as the brakes already come through the 4 pin. Not enough coffee yet today.........

Quick Reply: Simple Mopar tow harness install question on 05