DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Ported Throttle Body Pics (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/197945-ported-throttle-body-pics.html)

RubberFrog 04-21-2009 11:49 AM

Ported Throttle Body Pics

3 Attachment(s)
I know, I know... the ported TB threads are all played out....

I ordered one from Dan Arcand (the fastman) and the customer service was incredible. He received it last thursday and shipped it back out the same day! It came on saturday but I wasn't home (that's what I get for helping a friend!). Arrgghh! I had to wait until monday to pick it up at the post office. I installed it yesterday, but didn't get a chance to drive the truck until today.

I had Dan port the frontside bore to 85mm, knife edge the butterfly, and modify the shaft to a halfshaft.

My first impression is that this is a mod on par with an efan. No neck snapping power increase, but there is a difference in the throttle. Nothing "Holy Tornado Jesus." Just a little extra pep. I'll give you a second impression after I get a chance to drive it a little more as it has been raining for a few days now.

Anyways, here are a few pics to check out. I also threw in a pic of it on the truck for the guys that have no idea what it is or how to take it off. I couldn't get a good pic of the butterfly to show the knife edge, but it looks pretty much like it sounds.

Attachment 107571
Attachment 107572
Attachment 107573

chambers 04-21-2009 12:00 PM

Nice, I think I'm gonna hold off on this mod until after I have my exhaust done.

oefootball_70 04-21-2009 12:01 PM

dejavue?? lol looks good

xfeejayx 04-21-2009 12:06 PM

you just had an extra one sitting around? care to ship me your old unused one after it's done being whored out to all your buddies?

it'd be awesome if we could start a parts pool on the forum

oefootball_70 04-21-2009 12:07 PM

he can send it in for 80 bucks, so I doubt he is just gonna give it away.

04-fourseven 04-21-2009 12:08 PM

It does look good. Will you track your fuel mileage too? Im a little interested in this as well. Nice post froggy.

Horseapples 04-21-2009 12:14 PM

Is it throwing codes? I have been holding off because I bought a Modern Muscle TB and it threw codes due to the increased air flow and put me in "limp home" mode a couple of times, so I put the stocker back on

RubberFrog 04-21-2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by xfeejayx (Post 1639674)
you just had an extra one sitting around? care to ship me your old unused one after it's done being whored out to all your buddies?

I borrowed one from a buddy while mine was being sent in!

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven (Post 1639676)
It does look good. Will you track your fuel mileage too? Im a little interested in this as well. Nice post froggy.

No problem. I log my fuel anyways. I should warn you that I get sh1t for mileage with the 35's and the cam. And I'm always leaning into it pretty good on top of it! I definately didn't do all of these performance mods for mpg. lol

Originally Posted by Horseapples (Post 1639681)
Is it throwing codes? I have been holding off because I bought a Modern Muscle TB and it threw codes due to the increased air flow and put me in "limp home" mode a couple of times, so I put the stocker back on

Nope. I'll bet your pcm just needs to learn the new airflow. Clear the codes, reset the pcm, and let it idle for 15 or twenty minutes. Then drive it like a granny for about 5 miles and see how it goes. If it's still throwing codes, you'll probably need a custom tune to deal with the increased airflow. That MM peice has a huge bore!

Horseapples 04-21-2009 12:27 PM

Your probubly right, I pretty much put it on and hammered on it from the get-go!. I am cammed well enough to support the TB, (comp 268) but the SCT is tuned for the stocker, I just hate to get another tune before I am ready to go bigger with the cam. I have a converter and shift kit now, but am saving up for a Sheridan tranny, I think I better up grade before too long.

Off_Road_Teacher 04-21-2009 02:43 PM

I am glad to see someone else finally got one of these babies. It is a nice mid for daily driving, adds some nice pep.