3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ported Throttle Body Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 AM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Throttle Body Pics

I know, I know... the ported TB threads are all played out....

I ordered one from Dan Arcand (the fastman) and the customer service was incredible. He received it last thursday and shipped it back out the same day! It came on saturday but I wasn't home (that's what I get for helping a friend!). Arrgghh! I had to wait until monday to pick it up at the post office. I installed it yesterday, but didn't get a chance to drive the truck until today.

I had Dan port the frontside bore to 85mm, knife edge the butterfly, and modify the shaft to a halfshaft.

My first impression is that this is a mod on par with an efan. No neck snapping power increase, but there is a difference in the throttle. Nothing "Holy Tornado Jesus." Just a little extra pep. I'll give you a second impression after I get a chance to drive it a little more as it has been raining for a few days now.

Anyways, here are a few pics to check out. I also threw in a pic of it on the truck for the guys that have no idea what it is or how to take it off. I couldn't get a good pic of the butterfly to show the knife edge, but it looks pretty much like it sounds.

Name:  TBRemoval.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  61.2 KB
Name:  sidebyside.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  96.8 KB
Name:  beforeandafter.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  66.3 KB

Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, I think I'm gonna hold off on this mod until after I have my exhaust done.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dejavue?? lol looks good

Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

you just had an extra one sitting around? care to ship me your old unused one after it's done being whored out to all your buddies?

it'd be awesome if we could start a parts pool on the forum

Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he can send it in for 80 bucks, so I doubt he is just gonna give it away.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

It does look good. Will you track your fuel mileage too? Im a little interested in this as well. Nice post froggy.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

Is it throwing codes? I have been holding off because I bought a Modern Muscle TB and it threw codes due to the increased air flow and put me in "limp home" mode a couple of times, so I put the stocker back on

Old 04-21-2009, 12:21 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
you just had an extra one sitting around? care to ship me your old unused one after it's done being whored out to all your buddies?
I borrowed one from a buddy while mine was being sent in!

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
It does look good. Will you track your fuel mileage too? Im a little interested in this as well. Nice post froggy.
No problem. I log my fuel anyways. I should warn you that I get **** for mileage with the 35's and the cam. And I'm always leaning into it pretty good on top of it! I definately didn't do all of these performance mods for mpg. lol

Originally Posted by Horseapples
Is it throwing codes? I have been holding off because I bought a Modern Muscle TB and it threw codes due to the increased air flow and put me in "limp home" mode a couple of times, so I put the stocker back on
Nope. I'll bet your pcm just needs to learn the new airflow. Clear the codes, reset the pcm, and let it idle for 15 or twenty minutes. Then drive it like a granny for about 5 miles and see how it goes. If it's still throwing codes, you'll probably need a custom tune to deal with the increased airflow. That MM peice has a huge bore!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

Your probubly right, I pretty much put it on and hammered on it from the get-go!. I am cammed well enough to support the TB, (comp 268) but the SCT is tuned for the stocker, I just hate to get another tune before I am ready to go bigger with the cam. I have a converter and shift kit now, but am saving up for a Sheridan tranny, I think I better up grade before too long.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I am glad to see someone else finally got one of these babies. It is a nice mid for daily driving, adds some nice pep.

Quick Reply: Ported Throttle Body Pics