3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

biggest tire size without lift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
mrperez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default biggest tire size without lift?

I have a rookie question. What is the biggest tire that I can go with without a lift on the truck. It is stock right now with the 20" OEM wheels. I plan to get rid of the wheels and go to a smaller size wheel. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM
AK Rover
Rookie

I would think you can to go to a 285/70R17 without a problem. I'm running 265/70R17 on mine right now and pretty sure I could go up to 285/70. The nose of my truck sits lower than yours because I had the real basic SLT with 245/70R17s from the factory. The trucks with 20" wheels ride higher. I plan to go to 285/70 on my truck once I install a leveling kit.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

read the faq section. not bein a smartass, but tire sizes and lifts required are all listed in there.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Easy, Easy! We have to coddle the new generation of Ram owners. You cant tell them to use the search function anymore. Its way to complicated for their primitive yet still developing brains to handle.

I am well known on this forum for helping the young Ram owners. Don’t worry little kid we will get through this together. This is a fairly big task to handle on your own for the first time.

Up at the top of the page seven words in from the left hand side <---- there is a RED word that says SEARCH. Don’t be afraid, its a scary big word but it is just something to help you find what you are looking for in your quest for knowledge. Take your mouse and move the arrow onto the SEARCH button and click the word with the left <---- mouse button. A little bit of magic happens here. A box comes from seemingly out of nowhere. Inside this box there are some more big words that say SEARCH FORUM. Now this is the tricky part, but don’t worry I am here. Inside the little white box under the big scary word "SEARCH FORUM" Just go ahead and type in a word or phrase that you want to gain knowledge about. For example "Tire Size" Now underneath the white box is a couple more RED words that ask you if you want to find your special words in just the title, or in the entire post. I know this is allot to handle on your first time but remember you are not alone. Next week I will educate you further when we dive into the sacred realm of the ADVANCED SEARCH FUNCTION. Till then good luck in your endeavor...

Last edited by Alpheus; 04-21-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:19 PM
fox_racer627
Rookie

Originally Posted by alpheus
easy, easy! We have to coddle the new generation of ram owners. You cant tell them to use the search function anymore. Its way to complicated for their primitive yet still developing brains to handle.

i am well known on this forum for helping the young ram owners. Don’t worry little kid we will get through this together. This is a fairly big task to handle on your own for the first time.

up at the top of the page seven words in from the left hand side <---- there is a red word that says search. Don’t be afraid, its a scary big word but it is just something to help you find what you are looking for in your quest for knowledge. Take your mouse and move the arrow onto the search button and click the word with the left <---- mouse button. A little bit of magic happens here. A box comes from seemingly out of nowhere. Inside this box there are some more big words that say search forum. Now this is the tricky part, but don’t worry i am here. Inside the little white box under the big scary word "search forum" just go ahead and type in a word or phrase that you want to gain knowledge about. For example "tire size" now underneath the white box is a couple more red words that ask you if you want to find your special words in just the title, or in the entire post. I know this is allot to handle on your first time but remember you are not alone. Next week i will educate you further when we dive into the sacred realm of the advanced search function. Till then good luck in your endeavor...
haha!

Old 04-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

I've got dibs on the wheels!

Old 04-22-2009, 04:04 AM
AhmedRam
Professional

easy on the newbees ppl......lol

Old 04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Alpheus
Banned

I was very easy. That is a very important how to. Hell it should be a sticky...

Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

quick question..yeah ummm...what the hells a tire?

Last edited by 02Steve1990; 04-22-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
quick question..yeah ummm...what the hells a tire?
tire 2 (tr)n.1. A covering for a wheel, usually made of rubber reinforced with cords of nylon, fiberglass, or other material and filled with compressed air.
2. A hoop of metal or rubber fitted around a wheel.

[Middle English, iron rim of a wheel, probably from tir, attire, short for atire, from attiren, to attire; see attire.]

Quick Reply: biggest tire size without lift?