3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck isn't starting

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck isn't starting

Hey guys, I have a 2004 Ram 4x4, and I went out to start it today and go get gas and it just clicks a lot when I turn the ignition.

I thought that it might be that it's just so low on gas that it won't start, but if that was the case it would at least try to turn over instead of clicking, right? I mean, I should have more than enough gas to get to the gas station, but I suppose it could have less than I thought? Regardless, the reason I ask is that when I ran out of gas like 4 years ago in my car, when I tried to start it, it would still turn over.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-Brett

Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Check your battery, alternator, starter or solenoid

Old 04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Yeah I'm about to go check the battery right now. Just wanted to post in case that's not it so I have some other ideas to try out

Old 04-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Sounds good, keep us updated.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

The battery is dead. This has absolutely nothing to do with gas. Get a jump and then go to Advanced to get your battery and alternator tested.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Lol I just had the most embarrassing experience ever. Yeah, battery was dead obv, but I had to stop and get gas on the way to autozone to get them to test it/get a new battery...Truck is dead at the pump...Sit there and get my friend to try and jump, but he has a little car so I figure maybe I just need to get jumped by another truck or something. Call another friend, he comes and tries. No success. Some randy dude driving by says he has a jump box so we try that and it works...then the truck dies again when I'm stopped at a light rofl. Luckily my friends were still like right there so we just pushed it into a parking lot.

Guess it's time for a new battery;\

Quick Reply: Truck isn't starting