3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

superchips problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:10 PM
BlacknRed06
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchips problems

I have been meaning to ask about this for awhile but have been without a computer. I have a superchips for my Ram hemi and awhile ago I updated it and changed some stuff around on my tune. When I did this I think the tuner saved my old performance tune as my stock tune... has anyone had this problem before? I NEED my stock tune back cause I have a procharger kit coming in and I need to put my stock tune into the Diablo tuner n send it out to get my boost tune. I talked with superchips and they said thats its not possible yet I dont feel any diffrence between stock and performance 91... anyways dodge told me it could cost up to $200 to reflash the ECU and if I dont have to I would rather not bring it to Dodge...

Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The SC cannot save the ''custon tune'' as the stock tune because it would have had to do something with the stock tune it saved and it just doesnt delete it and over-write it. If your SC is still VIN locked to your truck then it has the stock tune saved in it. YOu can flash it however many times and different ways you want but the only way to get rid of the stock tune store inside is to restore it to your truck and unlock the VIN.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 PM
BlacknRed06
Rookie

well something definatly isnt right, cause like i said i feel no diffrence and when i revert back to stock with no options my MDS still doesnt work so something is wrong.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Jason D
Veteran

The fact that your MDS is not kicking in is definatly proof that you do not have your stock tune loaded completly back on your truck. How can superchips not understand that.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plug in the sc and go to view setting to see what it says. im with weedahoe bc the sc cant save a tune and wont overwrite one either...but post in the superchip sticky so it will get answered faster

Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
plug in the sc and go to view setting to see what it says. im with weedahoe bc the sc cant save a tune and wont overwrite one either...but post in the superchip sticky so it will get answered faster
dammm bro you are learnin your stuff awesome

Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
dammm bro you are learnin your stuff awesome
haha thanks man. and holy crap your sig pic is sick!!! johnny you do great work!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
haha thanks man. and holy crap your sig pic is sick!!! johnny you do great work!!!!
you ****innn right he does

Old 04-29-2009, 06:57 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I dont have MDS so I cant input on that one but I thought all you newer guys hated it and wanted to rid your truck of it anyway?

Old 04-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I dont have MDS so I cant input on that one but I thought all you newer guys hated it and wanted to rid your truck of it anyway?

Very true, I paid the $350 just for that one feature!

I do have to say that I can not tell a real diffrence when I switch from one tune to another or even to stock with my Cortex though. But the MDS is gone!

But if your MDS is not kicking in then you can not possibly be on the stock tune is all i am saying. If it had all properly gone back to stock the MDS would have gone back to stock also.

Last edited by Jason D; 04-29-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Quick Reply: superchips problems