3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Homemade door lock security plates?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 AM
ramjamhemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homemade door lock security plates?

I bought my truck as a theft recovery, and then found out the where I live in Phoenix that the Dodge Ram is somewhere between the 1st to 5th most stolen vehicle!

I have an alarm with ignition disable now, but I still want to stop the punks that just want to break in to rummage through the cab looking for CD's and things.

I see these Jimmi Jammer lock plates, but I think it's nuts to pay the prices they are asking. http://www.jimmijammer.com/JJ%20desc...,%20072200.htm

I don't mind taking the time to trial fit some homemade plates to my door locks, but it would be great if someone had a homemade solution with dimensions to share. If I get it done myself, I'll post drawings of the parts.

Last edited by ramjamhemi; 04-30-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:09 AM
pavester
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks simple enough if you have the tools to imitate that product.

just some simple bending and possible plasma torch work.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think you could do it without the Plasma torch really. But whats crazy is I was thinking about the same thing yesterday and also would like to see if anyone else has them that some of us could see to make templates out of.

Quick Reply: Homemade door lock security plates?