3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Manual Shifter Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 05:29 PM
RedRam225
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual Shifter Question.

My 2004 Red, regular cab 3.7 liter (225.6cubic inches) has the 5 speed manual transmission (which I LOVE!) I want a more stylish shifter, something akin to the SRT-10 shifter. I doubt the lever is interchangeable. Mine is located right near the bottom of the dash, while the SRT-10 is closer to the base of the seat. I love the polished look, also the sweet curve of the shifter lever (looks much like the curve on my old Barracuda shifter (but the curve there is hidden underneath the console, so it is not seen)

Anyway anybody swap out shifter lever or know if it can or can’t be done?

Thanks!

Old 03-12-2005, 02:55 PM
ross944
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Manual Shifter Question.

I have the 5 speed manual as well and love it! Ive been looking for a stick switch as well. This guy on cardomain said they make kits, ill try to find the link for you. He put a Durango shift stick in his truck (4" shorter) for a more sport shift style. If you can go to a junkyard and find one you can dress it up before you put it in your truck. As far as switching it out for the SRT-10 shifter im not sure if that would involve any fabricating or any other messy work. Ill get back to you though once I find the link for the kits.

Quick Reply: Manual Shifter Question.