3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cold air intakes on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:06 PM
B2TheEYo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold air intakes on Ebay

Hey all,

No tuner or car parts expert by any means but I'm interested in getting a very cost effective cold air intake that will give me a bit of extra juice, add some extra growl too the sound and of course HELP (again, help not solve) save some cash at the pump.

My understanding the cold air intake is the way too go, with that said, I don't wanna spend much.

I was looking at these:
BCP Air Intake
Some Other Random one
lastly, this one

Which one should I go for, I know K&N is the shizit but remember cost effective is the target. Would these things deliver some punch on things I'm looking for, or is it all marketing hype and no delivery.

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went with a cheap, no name ebay cai, and i am pretty happy considering i spent a total of $40. If i were you i would go with the second one, i like how the filter is down farther, and a little more out of the heat, which is the purpose of a cai... this is why the good ones have a box to seperate the filter from the motor heat. you must have a 4.7, and im not sure if they have a baffeled intake box like my hemi did known as the "hemi hat". I made an elbow to eliminate the hat, and make it a true-ish cai.
so basically, if the cai connects right up to the throttle body, which the second one seems to, you are good to go.
a pipe is a pipe imo...

Old 05-03-2009, 11:27 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheap clone of the mopar/aem right here http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.co...S-V218205.html also on ebay under the name bomz. I got the spectre which is pretty much the same and it's a good intake, just maybe replace the filter on it.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 PM
B2TheEYo

Thanks guys!

How did the CAI effect your gas millage and overall trucks sound? I'm told they add a deep throaty growl too the sound. Right now my truck just purrs and let's out a vicious growl when you start it (you can hear it from a distance :P).

Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

go with the cheapest tubes you can find ...rember to take off your hat and hook it to the TB and REMBER its all in the filter . thats what i did ebay tubes with a k&n filter to the TB and sounds great and i gained 2-3 mpgs. dont waste money on the hi priced ones imo

Quick Reply: Cold air intakes on Ebay