3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Airbag on/off switch question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009 | 01:59 PM
CanadianRam02
|
Default Airbag on/off switch question

The other day I removed the air vent deflectors in the cab to clean them. After I replaced the one that goes over the airbag on/off switch I noticed my airbag light on the dash was on. Further, I can now no longer see the on or off position illuminated on the switch. Is it possible when i hit it into place, I may have disconnected a wire or something?

Does anyone know if it is easy to remove this switch and check it out? I just don't want to screw it up. Does this switch have a fuse?

Thanks

Old 05-04-2009 | 02:15 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

you probanly nocked the led out of place possibaly breakin its housing. all i can say for now is take it apart and look!

Old 05-04-2009 | 02:21 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
you probanly nocked the led out of place possibaly breakin its housing. all i can say for now is take it apart and look!

That's what he had suggested himself but that doesn't answer his question!

There are tabs on the back side. They are brittle so don't go prying too hard without being careful. I would see if you can peek behind there by removing maybe one of the vents that you already removed so to be able to see the tabs that you can press in so the switch pops out. As far as a fuse...I don't think so because that would interfere with any possible use of the airbag incase of deployment.

But again, be careful on what you pry. Best bet is to get behind there and see if you can pursuade the tabs from the backside.

Old 05-04-2009 | 02:53 PM
CanadianRam02
|

Im not sure that the led is my problem unless that would trigger my airbag light on the dash

Old 05-04-2009 | 04:40 PM
sos
All Star

I think it's more likely that it's not the LED, but the harness that connects the switch that came loose. Open the dash back up the way you had it and see if you can look down into it and notice anything loose - even if it just came slightly loose it might be enough to break the connection.

Old 11-05-2009 | 10:19 PM
Tbone2299

Im having the same problem what did you find out about yours did you fix it

Old 11-05-2009 | 11:00 PM
Tbone2299

I took the switch out and the bulb looks blown. Will that cause the airbag light on the dash to come on.

Quick Reply: Airbag on/off switch question