3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just looking for a little information... again

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 PM
SlimJim24
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just looking for a little information... again

i sure wish this part of the forum was more active with our posts and stuff like that...

i was reading in the main 3rd gen ram area about exhaust stuff and some people were running cut outs... now i've looked around and haven't been able to find much information about what those are exactly and the difference they make in overall sound/performance/look
so i was wondering if any of us V6'ers are running cut outs and what you guys think about them for our truck...

thanks guys

Old 05-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

I wouldn't know. But the last exhaust I got put on, we took off the mag and ran it straight piped for a bit, it sounded pretty good. If I was going to do one, I would do an electric one.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:52 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

no idear

Old 05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's kinda like running straight pipes off the headers, they can be installed before or after the cats (depends on emissions in your area). Either way they eliminate the mufflers when open and give better flow and a lot more noise. It's probably not legal to have them open on the street due to noise, but they may help you cut your times if you go to the track and race. My opinion for our v6's is that they are not necessary, and I'm leaning towards just swapping the y-pipe and muffler when I do my exhaust.

Quick Reply: Just looking for a little information... again