3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

squeeking i know i know

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
irelandshemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeeking i know i know

i have a 03 ram 1500 qc i just noticed today that im getting a squeeking when i hit bumps and whatnot, its fine when i drive straight but every bump makes the noise, any ideas and any ways to tell for sure if that is it. i pushed down on the front bumper and it squeeks so yeah, and if it helps it sounds like its comming from the front drivers side wheel well

Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
bert6573
Professional

the same thing happened to me....im not sure whats its called...but you have something loose in or around the calipers......when the truck experiances a weight shift the loose piece will scratch on the rotors causing an annoying squeak

Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it could be a whole # of things. most likely ball joints, either upper or lower. but could also be end links, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings... pretty much anything that moves. i know my ball joints are going out, squeeking like crazy. im planning on getting some new upper control arms with greasable ball joints from rock auto, only like $85. have a buddy jump on the bumper while you listen around and pinpoint the problem, or just replace all the bushings and joints with aftermarket greasable ones.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM
irelandshemi
All Star

i turned the wheel while parked at had my brother look and he said it seemed like it was this metal rid that goes into a rubber boot looking thing, he wasnt 100% sure but he thought so and it does it on both sides regardless of which way you turn

Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

My truck makes some squeaks when I turn the wheel all the way. Annoying, and it's because they aren't greasable bearings. And it's all thanks to the people who think that vehicles should be maintenance free.

Quick Reply: squeeking i know i know