3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

20" wheels pitting on 04'

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 12:58 PM
tommyg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" wheels pitting on 04'

The stock 20's on my 04 are pitting on the uncoated edge closest to each tire, the dealer is replacing them. Is anyone else having this problem ? How can I protect them to avoid this ? Or, maybe I should just have a standing appointment at the dealership each year to have them replaced ?!?! Another issue I'm having is surface rust on the very end of the chrome rear bumper. The dealer told me that thay won't replace it, that its from exhaust moisture. My exhaust tips come out under the corner of the bumper, a couple inches past the bumper itself, and probably 6" or so from the area that is rusting ! From what the dealer told me, I should plan on cleaning this area with steel wool every time I wash it ! Is anyone else having this problem, and did the dealer do anything about it ?

Old 03-12-2005, 01:02 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 20" wheels pitting on 04'

The rims are being eaten by road salt. You could have them clearcoated by a body shop. Same with the rear bumper. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 20" wheels pitting on 04'