3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck is blinking

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
ERAM08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck is blinking

Well, My 08 RAM lost a fog light cover this past winter, ploughing through thick snow. For a while, I thought I had lost it around my place (I have a very long driveway and plenty of parking space), but snow melted (only AFTER Easter!!!), and I didn't find it. Now, I'm not too anxious to replace it with the same OEM part because I'm bound to knock another one off next fall or next winter. Did anyone knows of a replacement part that will not only look good but stand to the tests? (I don't have the optional fog lights) Stuffing a rag has already been suggested, and I'm not talking to that person for the next little while. Thanks for your suggestions.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stuff a rag in it

Old 05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

Ohhhh....snap!!!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

hahaha i HAD to!!! anytime someone says "dont say this..." you HAVE to say it! haha.

eram, not really sure what your post is trying to accomplish. are you looking for a more durable fog light? or something besides a fog light to fill that hole?

oh yeah... pics would be nice

Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

I would say put the foglight back in and put some sort of brace behind the lights to help support them with the extra pressure of snow just my .02 or you could always use a rag instead lol

Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

or put the fogs in with quick disconnects and just remove them when you get lots of snow... +1 on the brace idea though... how deep is the snow?? maybe you should just get a lift

Old 05-12-2009, 08:29 PM
ERAM08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck is blinking

Well guys, I guess I deserved being teased about the rag. What I meant, AF HEMI is that I intend to remove the remaining fog light cover and fill both holes with something sturdy. I checked LMC but they only have OEM type of parts (fog lights covers and fog lights). Installation of fog lights is a definite no-no as they won't last winter because the snow is deep enough to reach the covers/fog lights and push them inside or something like that. And why did you have to mention the word "lift", AF HEMI? It's true, I didn't think about that possibility... Alas, does not fit my budget for this year.

Attached Thumbnails Truck is blinking-100_0841.jpg   Truck is blinking-100_0842.jpg  

Quick Reply: Truck is blinking