3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

most affordable 6" lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:26 AM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

worked for me

Old 05-18-2009, 08:07 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by xill
didnt know i needed to change the gears too, that sucks! i didnt even think about it really. i might just have to stick to stock 33s with 20s then and just go a little wider, maybe 20x9s. if i do lift a bit and move to larger tire diameters what else would need to be changed along with the gears? i have a 2WD if that makes a difference
Since you have a 2wd it shouldn't cost too much to get the gears done since you only have to do it in one diff.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

But keep in mind you dont HAVE to get the gears done right now or even at all. You asked how much did all of mine cost me. I paid 350 for my 3in spindle and shackle lift from a guy over on DT and bought my 2'' coil spacers from a guy here for about 30. Like I said I did all of the work myself and it wasnt really hard at all. I think the biggest damn headache I had was when I released the leaf spring from the shackle and even with the bed lifted as high as it would go I still have to get under there and literally pull it down far enough to align the holes to put the bolt through it. That part was a biotch. To go any higher I guess I will need a body lift but with that Warn grill and winch on the front, I not really wanting to take all that apart just to lift the body.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:36 AM
AhmedRam
Professional

Originally Posted by xill
like i said i dont do any real offroading. so far i havent had any trouble with sand nor mud, but i dont go dune jumping either. and yes, i said the lift was pretty much just for looks. i have no plans of climbing mountains or driving on the beaches, just wanna sit up a lil higher in traffic
wow chill man i didnt mean to upset u.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by AhmedRam
wow chill man i didnt mean to upset u.
im not upset, no worries.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by weedahoe
But keep in mind you dont HAVE to get the gears done right now or even at all. You asked how much did all of mine cost me. I paid 350 for my 3in spindle and shackle lift from a guy over on DT and bought my 2'' coil spacers from a guy here for about 30. Like I said I did all of the work myself and it wasnt really hard at all. I think the biggest damn headache I had was when I released the leaf spring from the shackle and even with the bed lifted as high as it would go I still have to get under there and literally pull it down far enough to align the holes to put the bolt through it. That part was a biotch. To go any higher I guess I will need a body lift but with that Warn grill and winch on the front, I not really wanting to take all that apart just to lift the body.
so you achieved a 5" lift for about $400. thats the kind of deal i'm looking for! I dont mind the labor, my only problem is never having worked on suspensions before, but that's why i'll have my mechanic father in law there with me. what is DT and where can i get the same lift? Or did you buy the parts used for that cheap?

Old 05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

There is a guy over on DT that has 3'' lift spindles for $175 shipped and you can get lift shackles on ebay 50 or less shipped. I gotta link for 2 1/2'' coil spacers for $65 I think. That will put you where I am at and about the same price (a little cheaper I think).

Ill PM you the info.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:21 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

cant go wrong with B/L IMO.

Nitto how much of your wheel liners did you have to cut? Did you use gap guards? If so how do they work after cutting the wheel liners up front?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:43 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by weedahoe
There is a guy over on DT that has 3'' lift spindles for $175 shipped and you can get lift shackles on ebay 50 or less shipped. I gotta link for 2 1/2'' coil spacers for $65 I think. That will put you where I am at and about the same price (a little cheaper I think).

Ill PM you the info.
thanks for the info man, i appreciate it. but whats the difference between shackles and the add-a-leaf kits i see for the rear? are the shackle kits stronger or easier to install? they seem to be about the same price. the shackles you sent me go up to 3" lift, can i add a leaf kit as well to get another 2-3"? sorry im new to suspensions (and trucks for that matter)

Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

Originally Posted by AhmedRam
how do u go in the sand with a 2wd? i think the lift in ur case will be just for the looks....
You might think that but my 2wd pounds the hell outta the desert

Quick Reply: most affordable 6" lift