3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help with the infinity sound system!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with the infinity sound system!!!!

alright i'm new here so hey to all of you and i did post up in the new section...im on a forum vtcoa.com you should check out some of the bada** trucks on there! anyways i have the infinity sound system with the RB4 radio....I installed my own JL amp and sub woofer so I am no longer using the factory sub and sub amp....i used the regular wire harness $20 type not the $120 type...and my radio turned on but I was not getting any sound from it.....did anyone get away with using the cheap harness or do you need the expensive one with the infinity system....also do any of you know the wire colors for the left and right speakers???? Thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 PM
froto'sride
Professional

i haven't messed with this specific harness but look at the old harness and compare the number of pins. make sure that you have all of the same pins. it may be a remote power problem for the factory amp. also check the fuse for the amp because it is separate from the radio

Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

Originally Posted by froto'sride
i haven't messed with this specific harness but look at the old harness and compare the number of pins. make sure that you have all of the same pins. it may be a remote power problem for the factory amp. also check the fuse for the amp because it is separate from the radio
it's not the fuse b/c i put the RB4 back in and it plays but i'm looking at the harness and it may be the remote wire but i was going to use it for my jl amp to power on...

Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

if it's like the pioneer i installed on mine, should be a blue wire on the 'from stereo' harness, looks something like a quick connect. and should be a wire from the truck (that I think wasn't used before installing the Pioneer). connect those two.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 AM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

I kow the wire off the radio you are referring to, but I will need to find the one in the truck now!

Quick Reply: Need help with the infinity sound system!!!!