3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi QuadCab leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 11:12 PM
locked up
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi QuadCab leveling kit

Looks like my 4x2 hemi QC is pretty nose heavy.... and I hate that look.

Options:
Raise the front about 2"
Drop the back about 2"

Raising the front....
Good - Better vision, will allow for larger tires if I want them, better ground clearance, should look a little tougher. Fairly easy install (Daystar spacer).
Bad - Will need new front shocks & an alignment. WARRANTY PROBLEMS??? Will this kill the amount of downtravel I have?

Dropping the rear....
Good - Super easy install with a shorter shackle (assuming I find the right shackle). Lower COG, no need for alignment.
Bad - Will look more like a lowrider, breakover will be worse, might need to shim rear axle for proper pinion alignment. WARRANTY PROBLEMS??? Will my **** scrape the ground when I'm towing?

Now I imagine, unless whatever I changed caused a problem, the warrantly thing wouldn't be a big deal.

Has anyone leveled out their coil sprung RAM?

I imagine it would be easier to lower the rear, but I'd rather raise the front, but not at the expense of my warranty or ride comfort. Maybe the best thing to do would be to drop the rear 1" and raise the front 1" ....

Old 03-14-2005, 11:10 PM
IS_THAT_A_HEMI
Rookie
Default RE: Hemi QuadCab leveling kit

Well here is the jist.... If you raise the fron with daystar, the most lift is 1.5 inches, and most liekly it will not make that much of a difference to ya. With 1.5 in leveling kit u do not need new shocks. However... I am told by the experts, if you raise the 04 2wd any higher than the 1.5 inches, you will never get it in alignment again... I have the daystar, but desided not to install them since its just 1.5 inches..

[IMG]local://upfiles/11020/607A6442612B46A283BC8F6BC35A18C2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2005, 01:41 AM
locked up
Professional

Good point on the max being 1.5". I didn't notice the years on the list I looked at but saw that on the daystar site. This is odd... must be a vendor typo:
http://www.4wheelsupply.com/cat.cgi?s=KC09100+Ram

Regardless,
The difference front to rear is 2.5-3" on mine.

I figure if I put a 1" Daystar up front and a 1" drop shackle in the rear, that would be about perfect. Rear would still be a little higher but it shouldn't be as obvious.

Turns out I already have a shackle that is 1.75" shorter & correct width, so all I need to do is get the spacer. Yeah, I know that means the rear won't drop a full inch but it's ball park.

If it turns out I can't get it aligned then so be it .... but it isn't really very expensive to try and should be pretty easy to put back to "stock"

Anyway, I just ordered the 1" black daystar kit. I'll have before/after pics & a little install with a parts/tool list like I do for all my vehicles on my website ... if anyone gets intrested.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out koreperformance.com to level out you truck. They have a leveling setup built just for what you're looking to do. I believe it replaces the shocks and springs.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:04 PM
hemimaster

to help you out with the void the warrenty deal and ride comfort. i lowered my reg cab 4in. in the back and 2in. in the front.the dealer loved the look and never said any thing about the warrenty. as far as the ride its ten times better than before unless i take it over train tracks.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:08 PM
locked up
Professional

ORIGINAL: Gone Fishin

check out koreperformance.com to level out you truck. They have a leveling setup built just for what you're looking to do. I believe it replaces the shocks and springs.

Didn't see anything on the site, but I emailed them and will let yall know what I find out.

I've actually decided to just install the 1" up front to see how that looks. I'm going to be putting a tool box in the bed anyway, so that should drop the rear a tad. I don't wanna level it too much and have it wander all over when I tow stuff

Quick Reply: Hemi QuadCab leveling kit