3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dropped my Ram a little more

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a nice thread! No 4x4's or buses. Riddla, for the life of me I can't figure out why I like your truck so much (?) Oh well. Do you have any pictures of your drop? Matter of fact, does anyone have pictures they would like to share showing how they dropped their trucks. I'm going to drop mine 2" more inches all around. I'll use spindles in the front, but I'm going to modify the rear springs myself with a little cutting and welding. 1LowRam, you got a good look going also.
Enjoy.....

Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 PM
1LowRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
This is a nice thread! No 4x4's or buses. Riddla, for the life of me I can't figure out why I like your truck so much (?) Oh well. Do you have any pictures of your drop? Matter of fact, does anyone have pictures they would like to share showing how they dropped their trucks. I'm going to drop mine 2" more inches all around. I'll use spindles in the front, but I'm going to modify the rear springs myself with a little cutting and welding. 1LowRam, you got a good look going also.
Enjoy.....
Thanks. I like your all red on the crome wheels.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

did you paint your grille and bumpers or did you order new ones? im in the process of doing that aswell....

Old 06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pianted grill and bumper cover

Originally Posted by disturbedgator
did you paint your grille and bumpers or did you order new ones? im in the process of doing that aswell....
I'm not certain you were asking Redtruck, but I did, so I'll answer up. My upper bumper cover was originally black (unpainted) from the factory. These have a texture finish and I was told wouldn't look right painted so I bought a replacement bumper cover and grill from eBay that were smooth and paintable. I looked around and got a wide range of estimates for getting them painted. Ended up having a backyard painter do them. Unfortunately, he ended up redoing them two times for them to be acceptable. Still not perfect but passable. The good side he gave me $50 back and ended up costing $150. The shop I was going to have them painted at burnt down the night before. I took it as a sign! They are easy to remove and install. Dealer told me $750 for the cover, $150 to paint and another $150 to install. I don't think they understood which cover I was asking about, but still a stupid price. Hope this helps.
One more note I had the grill ram head shaved.
Enjoy...

Last edited by RedTruck-VA; 06-25-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 PM
owenator08

bro i need some advise i finally got a dodge after owning nothing but GMs and i want to drop my 08 single cab and im not sure what kinda drop i want to do, ive been lookin at a 2" in the front and a 5" in back, but not sure, also what would be a good rim size to go with? also dose anyone know any place that would paint a chrome grill to a matching body color.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 PM
all of 75
Veteran

your truck looks real good riddla. Even with the steel wheels.
For the tires you should look at tirerack.com or discounttire.com you can search using your tire size and they will find tires for you of that size.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:01 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

yeah i just got a blank black grille in and i was gonna order the replacement bumper but ive heard of some people paintin that chrome part on the bottom of the bumper

Quick Reply: Dropped my Ram a little more