3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hello! New and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Muppet
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! New and a few questions

New to dodges, I have owned Tacomas for the past 10 years or so. But I think it's time for something a bit bigger.

What I am looking for is a DD that has a solid axle up front, I want to lift it and toss some 35"s on there. I like the dodges because of the power, having a V8 is going to be quite a trip for me!

As far as pulling I mostly will just be pulling a boat, atvs, trailer, nothing huge. I have been looking at dodges in the 2004ish range, I want something under 15k, I don't need the 4 door but would like something a bit bigger than the standard cab. Not sure if I should go with Diesel or Gas, I think I would want a 2500 so I could get the soild axle, but how much of a difference is the ride between the 1500 and 2500? I want to stay away from IFS is I want to lift it.

Any suggestions you guys can offer when looking?

-Nick

Old 06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF Muppet! I am going to move this over to the 3rd Gen ram Section The 3rd Gen Rams are in the 2002-2008 years which is about what you are looking for. The people that hang out in that section should be able to give ya some good advice and help ya out! Good luck and I hope this helps out

Quick Reply: Hello! New and a few questions