3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'07 Dodge Ram Front Center Seat Belt

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:54 PM
'07Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '07 Dodge Ram Front Center Seat Belt

Hello, I recently bought a 2007 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn Quad Cab and had a question about the front center seat belt.

When not in use, is the front center seat belt supposed to retract or stow somewhere or something?

Thanks

Old 06-07-2009, 04:34 PM
sos
All Star

No, it's just like an airplane style buckle, or center rear seat style. I keep mine the way it came from the factory: buckled, adjusted tight, and tucked under the center fold-down console. I suppose another option is to tuck each end in the gap between the seat sections.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:51 PM
all of 75
Veteran

Like SOS said it doesn't really tuck away anywhere. If it is like my 2003, you can just lift up the under-seat storage area, roll it up and put it in there. That is what I do since my center console is usually down.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't like it plugged in because it restricts the bottom storage compartment from being easily accessed. It makes the flip part bind.
You could roll it all up and rubber band it, or tuck it under the seat or even just cut it off if you think you'll never use it. i debated doing just that. I will never use it. I would prefer never to have anyone sitting there that's why i bought a QC. i wouldn't do it on a Reg cab truck.

Quick Reply: '07 Dodge Ram Front Center Seat Belt