3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A differnt MDS question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
dunerider650
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A differnt MDS question

Any way to run a toggle switch with the MDS system to allow me to turn the MDS to stay on no matter what when the switch is on and when i turn the switch off take MDS away????????????

Old 06-19-2009, 01:17 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

No you cannot. MDS sucks anyways. Not enough power in mds mode to keep a full size pick-up truck moving through the air. i always slowed down even using cruise control . It was always a struggling battle to maintain a steady speed with mds. My truck always kicked out of mds because it just slowed the truck down because it didn't have enough power to keep the speed. Even at slower speeds like 50mph. MDS just isn't practical for a huge truck like the Ram. It would be better suited for the Dakota or smaller vehicles. if you think of it, would you think that 4cyl is enough for a huge vehicle like the Ram? i don't think so. Obviously it doesn't have enough power to even keep a moving truck at a steady speed!!!
I will never have mds on ever again.
Why the heck would you want mds on all the time> Should have bought a Honda Ridgeline if you wanted a 4cyl truck all the time.

Last edited by dirtydog; 06-19-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

mine pulls for miles sometimes in 4 cyl mode. i hear the 09's the mds stays on longer and comes on earlier. i wouldn't mind switching it on in certain conditions either.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

I'm with dirty..even my smaller truck had a hard time maintaining a steady speed with mds on. The slight gain in hwy miles isn't worth the headache.

The MDS system can't be run safely with a manual switch....that's why there has to be preset parameters before it'll engage. People would leave it on under heavy load/throttle and cause all kinds of problems. Even if someone figured out a way to fake all the various sensor signals it wouldn't be a good idea.

Quick Reply: A differnt MDS question