3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suggestions on Tonneau cover?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:07 PM
Bluesmanjesse
|
Record Breaker
Default Suggestions on Tonneau cover?

I'm looking for a good fair priced tonneau cover down the road after I get the wheels tires on and an exhaust (both of which should happen this month) Does anyone have suggestions,I want something easy to roll up or remove so I can haul my ATV. Any brand or style that you like? I've had the high dollar ones,roll top and fiberglass,the roll top was nice but way too expensive and the fiberglass was a PAIN to remove so I just want a classic fabric style that's easy to remove and looks nice. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:17 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

I got mine lined up for my truck already - its off deals of steel.com - its a tri fold that clamps onto the bed, so its easy to remove but since it buckles under the lip it holds down well. its about 400 if memory serves me right...

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:45 PM
wasp96

I love my Extang cover, have had it for a year and a half with no problems. They make a bunch of different styles to fit your needs too.

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:52 PM
toxdoc
Veteran
Talking

Originally Posted by Bluesmanjesse
I'm looking for a good fair priced tonneau cover down the road after I get the wheels tires on and an exhaust (both of which should happen this month) Does anyone have suggestions,I want something easy to roll up or remove so I can haul my ATV. Any brand or style that you like? I've had the high dollar ones,roll top and fiberglass,the roll top was nice but way too expensive and the fiberglass was a PAIN to remove so I just want a classic fabric style that's easy to remove and looks nice. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Really like my Truxedo Lo Pro QT: After 3 years of use it still looks new with no problems and the company DOES stand completely behind their product with a lifetime warranty. It is not the cheapest on the market - but certainly one of the very best - if you want a soft cover. If you put a tailgate lock on your Ram it will also give you some margin of security too.

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:55 PM
Bluesmanjesse
|
Record Breaker

Is Truxedo the one that makes covers with Harley logo's and stuff like that on it?

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:55 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

I did a tremendous amount of research before I made up my mind, because like you, I wanted a quality cover for not a lot of $$. I went with the Access Lorado. I've had Extang and Truxedo and this Access is hands down the best Tonneau I've ever owned. Check out their website, they've got vids and demos and stuff to help you with your decision.

Old 06-24-2009 | 08:03 PM
isuhunter
Amateur

On all of our work trucks we use the access covers....really like them they roll up and we can still put a polaris sportsman in the back and they don't get in the way.

Old 06-24-2009 | 08:05 PM
toxdoc
Veteran
Talking

Originally Posted by Bluesmanjesse
Is Truxedo the one that makes covers with Harley logo's and stuff like that on it?
Yes Truxedo does have one with the Harley logo on it; I have tried to find one with the Ram, Hemi, Dodge or MOPAR logo on it but have not found one yet.
...and yes the Access Lorado is a very nice cover for the money too!

Old 06-24-2009 | 08:12 PM
Bluesmanjesse
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by isuhunter
On all of our work trucks we use the access covers....really like them they roll up and we can still put a polaris sportsman in the back and they don't get in the way.
sounds like alot of votes for the access covers.Is this what y'all are talkin about http://www.accesscover.net/store/mall/lorado.php ? Thanks, for the suggestions

Old 06-24-2009 | 08:15 PM
Bluesmanjesse
|
Record Breaker

Quick Reply: Suggestions on Tonneau cover?