3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Radio controls on steering wheel

Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 PM
ringnalda506
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Radio controls on steering wheel

Anyone ever tried to switch the functions of the left and right radio control buttons on the steering wheel.
What i,m looking for is being able to control the volume using the up and down buttons with my left hand and the frequency or station change control buttons with my right hand.
I imagine it has to be a change in the wiring because i imagine that simply interchanging the buttons on the steering wheel will not result in anything.
Any body evr tried this before???

Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i do believe there is a diy in the faq section...
although that could have been on d***etalk.com

Old 06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
ringnalda506
Amateur
Unhappy

Didn,t find anything in the FAQ of the 3rd generation dodge ram will search the 2nd gen ram to to see if it is there.
Dodge***k.com is a little slow when it comes to registering so i do not have complete access yet.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:28 PM
sregor13
Default Radio Controls on Steering Wheel

On the far side of the Clock Spring it is only one wire so you would have to see about manually moving them over. I have never dissected the Steering Wheel to see what is connected to the buttons, but I know from my 2002 that it is one lone wire using Impedance to Vary the Signal from each button. It is right behind the steering wheel and Crutchfield was able to tell me which one because I had bought the deal to hook it up to an Aftermarket Stereo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio controls on steering wheel