3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm bored with my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 07:21 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have the cherrybomb extreme it is a awesome muffler along with flowmaster 10, there both single chamber muffler so those are going to be the loudest

Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
1 word CUTOUT !!!!!!!

2 words. No Thanks....lol

Sorry guys for askin a ? and then ditching out. i almost forgot about my nephews B.D. party!

Anyways. BEAR, thanks so much. I tried looking and found nothing?? Maybe my wording was improper?

Redone, i would just pull the muffler off and replace it with a length of pipe. I would only have the muffler left and wouldn't want to part with just that because shelf mufflers of the same aren't exactly tthe same.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4in STACKS! LOL!! Doggy McDogDog cruzin with his custom GasX Blowers

Old 06-27-2009, 09:45 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could not be happier with my DMH exhaust cutout man. I wouldn't like it if I was committed to it full time, but it's amazing having the option to run it straight piped at any given time, but when I want my smooth quiet ride back, just hit the switch and it goes right back to the beautiful sound of the hemi motor purring through the stock muffler. Most of the time I ride with the stock muffler with dual tail pipes because it just sounds so good, but when I see a mustang or some pimped out truck, I hit that switch and open that exhaust valve up so I can give that person some tone baby lol!

Old 06-27-2009, 10:44 PM
mbaseball3
Veteran

remove muffler and keep cat on. install cutout just before cat. straight pipe plus cutout equals huge grin on face =D

Old 06-28-2009, 12:44 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Honestly, I think the value of an exhaust cutout is dramatically reduced if you run a loud exhaust system in addition to the exhaust cutout. The exciting part of an electric exhaust cutout is that you can enjoy the quietness of a stock ride, but at any given time, completely turn things around and have the loudest truck on the street. I mean, that's where cutouts originated from, guys that were running daily drivers that they took to the track. They wanted a vehicle that could ride on the streets when they went to work, but when they got to the track, they could get underneath their vehicle and unscrew the flap and have it ***** to the wall loud. I'm not saying it's uncool to run a loud exhaust system with the cutout, but I just think it makes the exhaust cutout less exciting. I can't tell you how entertaining it is to pull up in my truck with it completely silent, and then getting to hit that switch and sounding like a totally different truck within seconds, it's AWESOME!

Quick Reply: I'm bored with my exhaust