3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm bored with my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 02:22 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I'm bored with my exhaust

I wanna change out my Magnaflow muffler for just a straight pipe. Anyone have any links? I found 2 on the web and only one was a stock 5.7L and had a crappy camera. The magnaflow is nice, has a nice rumble, but it's just not loud enough. Now that i finally sold My stang, i need something loud to please me!
I'm just worried it will be sloppy sounding. For ex. the cut-out is not something I desire. Too loud and obnoxious plus it just doesn't sound good IMO.

Please post up any links you have or may find. Thanks so much guys.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know, but it sounds to me like you should send your magnaflow out my way so I can properly use, uhh, I mean dispose of it haha. I hear ya on the cutout thing, I couldn't drive around like that all day. It would get annoying I think.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

i currently have a flo master 40 with no cats. it is loud as **** every one in my neighborhood knows when im coming home. i just bought a Aero Turbine 3030 to replace the flo disaster. i think taking the cats off made the biggest difference.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:54 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I wanna change out my Magnaflow muffler for just a straight pipe. Anyone have any links? I found 2 on the web and only one was a stock 5.7L and had a crappy camera. The magnaflow is nice, has a nice rumble, but it's just not loud enough. Now that i finally sold My stang, i need something loud to please me!
I'm just worried it will be sloppy sounding. For ex. the cut-out is not something I desire. Too loud and obnoxious plus it just doesn't sound good IMO.

Please post up any links you have or may find. Thanks so much guys.
Heres one Dog. Sounds like crap when he revs the engine tho. It may be that he's in a metal building.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od5Y3mHMeNM
now this one don't sound to bad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ERKqo7NYMw&NR=1
here's another that ain't so bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny1AdMJ-rRY&NR=1
This one is sweet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNt4z4nNmA&NR=1
There's a bunch more on you tube

Old 06-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the permanent cut out and run with it all the time and it doesnt bug me at all one thing you could do is straight pipe it and leave the resignator on and it might refine it a bit but still let it be loud the only thing I wish was that the cutout was behind the cab instead of right under it and it would be perfect then but i love how it sounds and it always turns heads when you start out and are rollin down the road

Old 06-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Is yours running out the side? Pics?

Old 06-27-2009, 04:38 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

i just don't think any new engine sounds all that good, i dunno what it is but they just don't sound like the old big blocks of the '60's and '70's. maybe a bigger cam is needed along with no cats.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:02 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1 word CUTOUT !!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:58 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

cherry bomb extreme.......

Old 06-27-2009, 07:05 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I have a cutout and personally think it sounds good. It obviously is louder, but I think it has a nice deep tone, and at lower RPM’s it’s not too loud, and it sounds similar to old muscle car engines (but not totally similar, unfortunately). But, if you don’t want a cutout, like Ridinhigh said, having straight pipes with the resonators on would still be loud, but should change the tone to something more that you would like. You can also get a Cherrybomb glasspack or extreme, Flowmaster 10 or Outlaw series mufflers, which would quiet the exhaust a little and change the tone.

Quick Reply: I'm bored with my exhaust