3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rear end makes a viberation

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM
bennyjon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear end makes a viberation

I have a 2006 1500 quad with 5.7. with 30k miles
when I turn a tight corner there is a viberation, from the diff.anyone have an idea what it could be thanks for any help you can givebennyjon

Old 07-01-2009, 08:39 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

30k is the point where you should be changing the differential fluid anyway, unless you tow or off road a bit, then you should have done it at 15k.
So it's the perfect time to pop open the pumpkin and have a look. If you have a LSD, odds are that at 30k you need friction modifier and you are getting chatter.
Inspect the LSD well while you're in there, although the 06+ models don't seem quite as prone to "C Clip" failure...

Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 AM
ringnalda506
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
30k is the point where you should be changing the differential fluid anyway, unless you tow or off road a bit, then you should have done it at 15k.
So it's the perfect time to pop open the pumpkin and have a look. If you have a LSD, odds are that at 30k you need friction modifier and you are getting chatter.
Inspect the LSD well while you're in there, although the 06+ models don't seem quite as prone to "C Clip" failure...
I have a 2006 ram 1500 with the lsd and have at least one of the clips broken.
During the last oil change i inspected the gears to see if there were any damaged but i didn,t find anything. Closed her up again and filles here with the correct fluid this time.
But since that moment there is a small vibration accelerating from a stop, turning left or right doesn,t make much diference.(it allmost feels like the back is slipping)
Is this the same problem? and if so what is a friction modifier?

Quick Reply: rear end makes a viberation