3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with Hellas...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 AM
bigmiah22
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Hellas...

Got my hella 500's in the mail today, i plan on installing them tomorrow and i was wondering if there are any guides to installing them without having them connected to your highbeams...i know about dirtydog's post https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...-properly.html but i'm looking for some pictures to help as well...anyone know where i can find some?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

I dont have any photos right now but i can take some for you tomorrow if you need them. Pretty easy install I went right off the the battery. I upgraded the wiring like dog put in his DIY, and have two fuses fro switch to lights and from switch to battery. Let me know if you need me to send you some pics and of what.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I deleted a few pics on accident but I corrected them last week. i wasn't aware of my thread being in 2 diff places. i'll have to fix that one as well. here, check out post #18 as I fixed the first few pics. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-roa...oad-guide.html

Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Tazman40
Professional

it pretty easy to do.I did use a little heavier wire and i went with a different 30 amp switch just in case i want to put bigger bulbs in later.The switch that came in my kit looked a little chinse and didnt like the looks of it.Other than that i just followed the directions that came with it and tapped into my fog lights instead of the high beams.Grounded everything right next to my relay so everything was in one location.Pretty easy and kinda a fun mod for a afternoon with nothing better to do.

Quick Reply: Help with Hellas...