3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 09:35 AM
TexanRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mod?

I bought a Ram in November. I love my truck, it is everything it should be. I didn't get the Hemi (didn't have hardly any @ the end of the model yr!), but I got the V8. I'm getting horrible gas mileage, but I'm dealing with it for now (No kids).

My BIG thing is I want to make my truck really unique. My husband has a super awesome, very modified Camaro Z28, so I am jealous-he's louder! At the end of the month I'm geting a Flowmaster and 4" Chrome tips. In May I'll get a new Stereo (hopefully). I want to do something to the exterior, just not sure what. That's why I joined this site, I was hoping there would be lots of ideas here, so we'll see.

What was/will be the first Mod you make to yours? Easiest? OH-and What the heck is this about no K&N filters?!

Nice to know ya, fellow dodge owners!

Old 03-20-2005, 12:07 PM
magnum v8
Professional
Default RE: First Mod?

What do you mean by "no K&N filters?"

I've started working from the inside out. First the K&N cold-air intake, then a JBA cat-back exhaust. If the exterior is more important to you, start with an aftermarket grille. There's plenty to choose from. And if your budget is smaller than you'd like, these grilles won't stretch it. I'm a fan of the SRT-10 front bumper and hood. But those are expensive. Check out www.stylinconcepts.com for lots of ideas.

Dodge Forum has some great sponsors, too.

John

Old 03-20-2005, 01:35 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

if u want something exterior.. well have you tryed doign a tint job??? it really makes the apperance of your truck differ...

check my cardomain if u want limo tint on the rear

check out this grill http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/PROD/GC-DOD1005

Old 03-21-2005, 12:26 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm lookin engine first. K&N intake with flowmaster catback. If you mean "no K&N" I'm guessing you mean you haven't found a filter for it? Try the Part # 77-1533 Intake. Made for HEMI's though. There should be something out there in the same style for the 4.7L.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:26 PM
prerunner
Captain

K&N does have a filter for the 04 4.7. As well as the full intake setup.

If you want Really Loud.....do the same mods i have in my sig. It will rattle windows!!!!