3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

electronic throttle control issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Corey96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic throttle control issue

so i installed a short ram air intake to my 2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7l hemi and then i disconnected the pcm sensor and did all that to reset the computer but i am still getting the issue of when i stomp on it the etc light comes on and i lose all throttle response and it has a rough idle going from 1500 to 900 back and forth any suggestions on how to fix that?

Old 07-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Twink
Veteran

that doesn't make much sense.

For some reason COREY, i think ur the guy who lives in my dads complex but i could be wrong!

anyway if ur NOT... it doesnt make sense that u would have irregular throttle response. If you bought the intake kit you should still have ur AT Sensors pluged into your intake.. nothing should be removed from the intake system and just plugged. Dodges Throttle systems run on a closed type circuit. You lose 1 peice of that circuit and EVERYTHING ELECTRONIC which is the entire peice of **** truck things go wrong..

I tryed to run mine without my air/temp sensor in my intake and it would run at all. Just an idea.. Plug everything back in and make sure nothing is left "unhooked". if you need to drill a 1/4" hole for the sensor then buy a Bung Grommet from a local parts store..

Cheers..

if its the cory who lives in my complex il just see ya later!

Old 07-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Corey96

well im not the corey from the complex haha but the intake did come with the hole for the air sensor so everything is hooked up...i just have no idea what is going on...it just doesnt make sense why the ETC light comes on...if i stomp on it i lose throttle completely no rpm gain no nothing its like pushing in a clutch and the ETC light flashes...then i shut the truck off and turn it back on and its fine...idk i just want to be able to hear the intake haha idk

Old 07-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Corey96

do you think if there is hot air going into the filter that would effect the ETC sensor?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:10 PM
butch1581
Captain

did you try doing the recalibration in the FAQ section?

Old 07-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Twink
Veteran

Originally Posted by Corey96
do you think if there is hot air going into the filter that would effect the ETC sensor?

no, hot air wouldnt make it do that.. if anything u would lose Hp but it wouldnt feel like its stalling out or bogging down.

try a recalibration

Old 07-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

I would try pulling it all apart, including pulling the throttle body off and giving it all a good cleaning and then put it back together and seeing if that helps. It's worth a try, just takes a little of your time.

A link to throttle body DIY:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...y-hemivec.html

Old 07-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Corey96

well i am an idiot...this is really embarrasing to tell but i guess if this happens to anyone else they could use this for future reference...so everyone gave me certain little things to try..telling me that the air sensor was messed up or that i wasnt resetting the computer the wrong way...well today i took the intake off only to find out that the piece that comes out of the throttle body was crooked causing the air to only go into one side of the throttle body in turn causing the ETC sensor to be screwed up causing me to have no throttle...seriously two days of complete confusion and a 2 second fix FML

Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 AM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Good deal bro. Trucks up and running again and you have a lesson learned.

Quick Reply: electronic throttle control issue