3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shopping time!!! - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmiah22
They would make more money off you if you were paying them 10%+ in interest. Find a truck thats closer than 700 miles because if something happens to the truck you wont even be able to take it to the dealership to get fixed. With the economy the way it is you should be paying NO more than 19k for that truck
I am moving anyways come oct ish (hopefully) and back outta this lease cause there aint no way Im sticking around in this apt for so many reasons, so either way it wont matter much anyways.

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
That's a $17,500 truck tops, and you should know that as well as I do...
Yeah I know, this has half the other 07 I was looking at with that topper and blacked out rims, with 41k - and its a 4x4 not a 4x2 - That other one was a JOKE - WTF - What idiot is going to pay 19,899 for That truck... haha...

I may have my blonde moments, but I am by no means stupid

I'm passing out now, I really need to be resting, 101 temp, nausea, hot/chills, sneezing, throwing up, etc... I think I caught something from my friend that I welcomed home 2 days ago... Thanks for all the feed back so far from everyone!!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

That price is CRAZY! Hell, ill sell you my truck for 23! and mine isnt quite so stock...prolly not worth 23 BUT... lol i can dream... :P

Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Nice looking truck. I am fairly certain you could get it (or one just like it) for $17-18k.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since everyone else already pointed out how overpriced it is, I don't think that needs to be pointed out again by me. But I do have a question for you, what is wrong with trucks from Oklahoma?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:24 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
I'm passing out now, I really need to be resting, 101 temp, nausea, hot/chills, sneezing, throwing up, etc... I think I caught something from my friend that I welcomed home 2 days ago....
Damn girl. Climb yourself back into bed with some chicken soup and a snifter of hennesy and we'll see you in the morning!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
jjfshj

I just bought my 2007 1500 Hemi for $17,000 before taxes and extended warranty. It only had 28,500 miles.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
bullisland

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
No, not really bigmiah, THEY is not the dealership. Chrysler is not financing vehicles right now, so financing, even if arranged at the dealer, would be through a local bank. The dealer will not profit any more from financing as opposed to getting paid in cash. Times have changed...
Bingo. The most a dealership gets from financing a vehicle through them is "points". It makes the dealership financing department look good and they get spiffs from that, but unless they are in need of something special to meet dealership needs, you prolly won't get a better deal (even though they might tell you! haha).

When "the dealership" finances you...it is not them per say as Hammer said. They run your credit and then shoot that out to about 50 banks that they use and then the banks shoot back if they will accept you or not and what interest rates and all the fine print and then the dealership shows that to you.

I use to sell cars for about 5months to pay for college tuition. haha.

but nice lookin truck! not gonna tell ya anything about price because that has been well spoken of haha but my comment...buy what you want! you're payin, not us...just dont rush into something and neglect the price! i'm sure ya wont. Good luck!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

I bought my 2008 brand new for $16K.....

No Hemi, but not a bad price....You can get one cheaper with way less miles.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:13 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
what is wrong with trucks from Oklahoma?
It's Oklahoma - hillbilly hell... haha... no seriously, I just dont trust many dealerships out here in Oklahoma, there are 2 that I trust in this entire state, and neither of them prefer to take trucks that aren't in their brand, and if I did, getting things fixed could be a pain in the butt. There is only 1 dealership I trust my balt to, and they are 35 miles from me. I dont trust anywhere else. Ive looked and there isnt any really that I trust that much here, not enough for my own personal tastes...

I do plan to buy certified used, and well I am in the area enough that I feel confident enough to work with them, I did my research before selecting a dealership to work with.

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Damn girl. Climb yourself back into bed with some chicken soup and a snifter of hennesy and we'll see you in the morning!
I am passing in and out of conscience, I am loaded up on meds, and thankfully keeping the fever from spiking. But I don't have the luxury of having someone to take care of my daughter as much, so I am taking care of her and enduring my day. She has been watching a lot of movies so she isn't real close to be so she may get it, but every time I sneeze, or go to the bathroom to throw up, she asks me "mama, k? mama, k?" -- its cute. I also have to finish my college application so i can start come college courses this week!! I am so excited!!!

I haven't told the dealership that I am going to get some work done at the dealership upon purchase, nor have I told them that I am paying cash... They think that I am putting a 'nice down payment' and possibly financing the rest... strategic on my behalf... they are trucking through this wait with me (pardon the pun) so thats a plus too

- k passing back out, finished my applications. Behave while Im gone

Quick Reply: Shopping time!!! - pic heavy