3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 RAM California owners question about 2009 registration fees

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 AM
xill
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paid about $475 for mine this year. complete rip-off!! guess that's the price you pay (or one of the many ever-increasing prices you pay) to live here...

Old 07-14-2009, 04:19 AM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I know here in NY if I wnated to go with Commercial plates then my registration would have been put into a different class and would have been double. WIth passenger plates on my truck, I think i payed $148 for 2 years. i dunno if you have something similar or if trucks are automatically classifed as "commercial" or fleet vehicles and surcharged because of that???
not sure of the class, but i do know that our trucks have an additional "weight tax" here in cali that helps to bump the cost a lil bit too.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Big_Ike

yeah the reg itself is like 365 then there is the weight tax 20 and some other taxes and fees and it jumps to 425

Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 AM
mbaseball3
Veteran

yay my bill is coming soon. if california wasn't ran by so many wussy liberal obama lovers maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. I remember hearing some time ago that if california did become its own country it would be like the 7th richest country in the world. now we have half a grand for registration. heck my seadoo pwc tax just came in. it costs me 197 dollars a year just to have it in california. that's on top of the registration fees. gotta love this state....not!

Old 07-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran

Note to self <---- F*ck California and their crazy a** taxes. I feel sorry for you guys, that is one of the biggest legal rip offs I have seen. Why do governments tax their people even more when its the government who got themselves into the mess in the first place. Some times I think of what our founding fathers would think of this mess that these current failure politicians have created in the last 80 years. If it wasnt for all the bloodshed involved, I would think a revolt would be in order and start all over like the founders did when fighting against England.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 PM
mbaseball3
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ilovemytruck
Note to self <---- F*ck California and their crazy a** taxes. I feel sorry for you guys, that is one of the biggest legal rip offs I have seen. Why do governments tax their people even more when its the government who got themselves into the mess in the first place. Some times I think of what our founding fathers would think of this mess that these current failure politicians have created in the last 80 years. If it wasnt for all the bloodshed involved, I would think a revolt would be in order and start all over like the founders did when fighting against England.
so true so very true! I don't think the american people will last much longer. its gonna take one group to stand up to the government then the rest will follow. cause this is getting bad. for the jobless people in california with no money or just part time jobs with little money the state has us pay that much for registration?! ha! oh oh you hear the news? (so sorry for thread hi jacking, just wanna put this out there) our oh so 'wonderful' president claimed he and his staff made a mistake about having gm and chrysler dealerships closed down and is going to have them reopened? lololol are you serious! I mean yay but they made them close and now will give them opportunity to reopen. how much did it cost for the closure? I saw my local dealer turn its location into a ghost town like building. still has a couple dozen cars on site. I wonder who's paying for the reopening? wouldnt by chance be us again would it?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
im not in cali but i know they just passed a law that the registration doubled bc the state is out of money. it was so smart to elect an actor governor lol
I vill terminate yoo fo talkin about ze governator like dis!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^ Absolutely hilarious guys.

$475 on Reg. per year is like one very nice mod down the pooper every year! But, youve got noooo choice but to pay!

Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My registration was $56 this year, including the late fee

Old 07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by Pyro
My registration was $56 this year, including the late fee
yeah rub it in...