3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

driveshaft vibe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:13 AM
JohnnyZJ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driveshaft vibe?

hey all. trucks an 02 Ram 1500 5.9. so i have a shimmy over 100km/h/55 mp/h. it literally feels like unbalanced tires. had my old tires balanced, then i replaced them with a new set. no dice. nothing fixed. so heres what i think. it is constant over 100, in 2wd. however in 4wd the vibe is not present. i'm thinking its a driveshaft up front. i crawled under and i can feel a lot of slop in teh driveshaft and it looks like the rear CV joint has some play in it. i wanna pull the shaft and take it in to a drive line shop to get it tested. but asides from that, any ideas?

so question. i am tryin to pull this damn driveshaft but i can't get'r out. i removed the front flange but it didn't budge. i wanna hit it with a damn hammer next (on flange/ujoint) any ideas though?

Old 07-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Glee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 03 did the same thing.
I didn’t think much of it, let it go and my rear universal locked up, and the bolts for pinion flange were really loose. Took out pinion seal. So I suggest getting it looked at soon.

Quick Reply: driveshaft vibe?