3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Thinking of buying roll pan/suncoast extractor hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
mxculture
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying roll pan/suncoast extractor hood

hey guys, im thinking of buying a rollpan for my 07 1500 QC with the dual exhaust groves. Anybody know a good place one can find one? Also, what are some good dodge/universal aftermarket sites for trucks? Has anyone ever had some bad experiances with the roll pans? Like taking it off to put your hitch back on and stuff...let me know! Im also on the verge of purchasing the suncoast extractor hood...has heat extractors centered on the hood and nostrals on each side...any bad experiances?? any good things?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:02 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.moesperformace.com, and www.airram.com. im not affiliated with either, but have done plenty of business with both, and highly recommend them. their customer service, speed of shipping, and prices are about the best you can find anywhere.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

you can get the hide-a-way hitch that tucks behind the roll pan and a flip kit for the license plate so you wont have to take it off.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 PM
mxculture

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
you can get the hide-a-way hitch that tucks behind the roll pan and a flip kit for the license plate so you wont have to take it off.
Thanks man. Where can I find the proper roll pan with the lisence flip kit and the hide-a-way hitch? Im guessing I would have to completely dispose of the old hitch? I appreciate the info dude. The roll pans look pretty sick...adds for a nice clean look and kinda makes it more street. Since Ive decided to go with 24'' rims instead of a lift kit it will add alot more style. Everyone keeps telling me the lift kit will make for rough/bad ride and for all the traveling i do for work it would probably be more proper to go with 24''. (save on gas too probably)

Old 07-22-2009, 07:20 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

going with 24" rims will negatively effect your mpgs just like a lift with bigger tires would. maybe not as much, but it will still decline.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

I have a roll pan and it's a PITA to install if you have the tow package. As for 24" rims, don't do it; people will just laugh at you

Here's the link to stylintrucks roll pans
http://www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?...sults_trigger=

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 07-22-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the 24" rims. just because they'll fit, doesnt mean they'll look good. Go with 22" at biggest.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

You could try LMC truck for the roll pan, they are the lowest price steel pans I have seen yet.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.aspx?Page=116

Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
mxculture

I dunno man...i seen a megacab with 22's and i gotta say he still had alot of room. Ive never seen a dodge on 24's so by asking you "why will it look dumb"...i litterally mean it lol. Does it look dumb? ive seen suvs on 24s and it looks pretty sick. go with a nice deep rim with a big lip like a 8'' lip or something...i dunno ill take any advice...id rather it look good and not retarded lol.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I have to go with the other guys and let you know that 24's will not look good. Seen it done and not a fan.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying roll pan/suncoast extractor hood