3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP! Bully LED Fire Strip Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:15 AM
tarponhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP! Bully LED Fire Strip Brake Light

Hi All,
I just installed the above Bully LED Light Strip (Model#TLB-002Z...Purchased from AutoZone) on my 06 Ram (4x4 Quad etc...). I Installed it in the slot between the top of the rear bumper and the bottom of the tailgate..Looks awesome and night.
As directions mention, I plugged into the flat 4 wire factory trailer light plug).. Brain surgery!
The other morning while going down the road, every warning light in my dashboard started to blink all at the same time... (every warning light within the tach/speed cluster).
It only happened for a second... and what me notice was my factory fog lights were also blinking..
So, I immeditally shut off my fog lights (pushed on the light switch). Dashboard lights stopped going crazy so I kept the fog lights off....(?????)
Does anyone have any experience with this LED light strip?
What can be causing this interference?
I trailer all the time and NEVER had any problems prior to installing this LED strip.
Thanks in advance..
Eddie

Old 07-23-2009, 08:54 AM
jarhead03
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could have a short in your harness or possibly a bad switch in your dash. I had an old chevy do some thing similar. Couldnt figure it out till one night the head light switch started smoking and melting.

Quick Reply: HELP! Bully LED Fire Strip Brake Light