3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
BIGFERM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift Kit

Alright so here's what I got...

Back in 05 my pops bought himself a brand new 3" Body Lift Kit for his DAKOTA that he never got around to installing. So now 4 years later I have my 08 RAM 1500 that I want to lift and figured, hey MAYBE some parts will be interchangeable with that kit to put on my truck.(ie: pucks, bolts, so on) my question is to those who have done the body lift on their RAM:

Was there anything specific or special to your RAM that you had to configure, build, replace, (steering knuckles, links, wiring, hoses/lines), or was it as simple as just throwing in the pucks and body bolts?

I decided I mine as well salvage something out of this kit and put use to it if possible...or sell it.

THANX

Old 07-26-2009, 10:44 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn, at first I thought you had one for sale........LOL

I know there is a steering extension peice but IDK what else. Others who have done the lift can help out more. Im looking to do one soon I hope.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
BIGFERM
Professional

hahaha...I prolly shoulda put 'ADVICE' or 'HELP' at the end of the title, my bad...

Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 PM
jackedupram02
Professional

for my body lift all i had to do was cut the stock front bumper brackets so i can raise them up with the body (came with different brackets to raise them), steering extension, and a couple pieces of hose to extend the fuel filler neck other then that everything else just bolted on.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

only thing that is interchangable is the pucks ...you will need new stearing links and gas filler hose also all the brackets ...just sell the kit to a dak owner and buy the correct one. hell pm blown maby he can peddel it on his other site.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:32 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

I didnt have to add anything to the gas filler hose or put on the steerin extention. The steering extention that came with the kit was too long so I modified the original one and have had no problems. You have pics of the kit?

Quick Reply: Body Lift Kit