3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

e-cut out striped gears?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Muppet
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-cut out striped gears?

Tried to close my cutout today and all I hear is a loud squeal and it wont move, it will if someone is pushing the flap open or closed while I push the button. Pulled the cutout off and hooked a battery up and same thing, it would slowly close but not smothly, sort of jerky and makes a lot of noise. Only had it in for about a month, has this happend to anyone else?

It's a DHM

Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Call DHM and send it back to them. Ive never heard of one doing this but theres always a first.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
sharkhunter10
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my other truck but its not DHM brand but I was told if you are to flip the valve while your not at idol or below 1500 RPMs that it could strip the gears because it causes to much stress on the motor it would like slam it shut or open when you flip the switch cause there is so much exhaust being displaced and that's not good! So this could be the problem but that would be the only thing I could think of. Im sure DHM will replace it!

Quick Reply: e-cut out striped gears?