3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Ram owner with couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Man in Blue
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram owner with couple of questions

Hello all. I just bought my first Dodge vehicle. 2006 Big Horn. Love it.
#1 I'm not crying or anything but what is the typical gas mileage to expect from the 4.7? Is 11.5-12.4 normal.

#2 I have a bumper that says it is tow rated to 5000#. I looked underneath and found what appears to be framing to support that ball on the bumper. So my question is if I wanted a receiver on the rear would the other framing have to be removed. (it looks like it is welded through the frame)

thats all....for now.

Thanks from Indiana, PA

Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 PM
CNFD
Rookie

well I have a 03 regular cab 4.7 and my gas milage is rougly 13-14 city and around 16-17 highway. If you have a quad cab 12-13 city would sound about right.

Not 100% sure what your asking on the towing question, but are you asking about adding an actual receiver so you dont have to tow from the bumperball?

If your asking about adding a receiver, i would assume that it would just be bolt on...not too sure on that but im sure other members will clear up anything ive told you wrong

oh, and welcome to DF. This place is an addiction, so keep your wallet farrr away.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Jackstep0832
Amateur

if your asking about what CNFD described i just bought a receiver from the dealer that attaches underneath of the bumper...i was thinkin about using a ball on the bumper until i realized my truck is too high to tow anything i own so i went with the receiver that drops down below the bumper...i think its much nicer anyway.

Quick Reply: New Ram owner with couple of questions