3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NEW DODGE ~ 2007 QC Sport 4x4 ~ Now need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Pickle2728
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEW DODGE ~ 2007 QC Sport 4x4 ~ Now need help!

Just bought a 2007 Ram 1500 QC Sport with HEMI & 4x4. She has 29k miles.

Wanting to upgrade the system though. I went to Crutchfield.com to get an idea of my options (probably will not buy from them).

QUESTION: Does the 2007 Sport QC have 4 speakers or 7? I know there is 1 speaker in each door but there are 3 small cutouts on dash by the windshield that look like they are for speakers. Thanks for any help fellas!

Attached Thumbnails NEW DODGE ~ 2007 QC Sport 4x4 ~ Now need help!-lebowski-smoking.jpg  
Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 AM
JJn5526
Professional

Look at the Specs if you have the Infinity sound you have a 7 speaker setup which has the 2 Front door speakers 2 rear 2 dash and i think a middle dash sub or speaker as well.. with the amp to power them all.. if not you just have the 4 door speakers and nothing else but you can add 2 speakers to the dash and upgrade everything.. most sport models come with infinity but also some do not so check it out..

Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Being a Sport model, I don't think they came with Infinity, so you probably have just the door speakers. There's no need to add more speakers. More speakers take more power. I've only got a 6.5" component set up front and that's it, nothing in the rear right now. However, i have an aftermarket amp to power them so they are sooooo loud. Way louder than the stock 4 speakers would ever be.
More speakers doesn't mean louder nor does it mean better sound.
Personally, if I owned the Infinity sound, I would probably pull out the center speakers as it screws up the soundstage unless it's a dedicated center speaker and I doubt it is but regardless, it's not what you have anyways, so no need to even worry.

Running any kind of Highs bouncing off that front windshiled and it'll sound like crap. I wouldn't put anything up in there either. Stick with replacing just the door speakers for now. Then later on you can maybe upgrade and squeeze an amp in between the speakers and radio for a louder cleaner sound from aftermarket speakers.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:27 PM
kicker417
Veteran

Sport also comes with the Infinity and sound a little better then the simple set up

Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my sport has infinity sound but the center dash speaker blew and I just removed it tonight so I only have 2 dash speakers instead of 3 and it does sound better. the center one is just a midrange white noise type speaker better off without it IMO

Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I came running in here thinking you through a rod... and all you need is a few speakers. Start with a set of infinity kappas for the door. If money is tight, get infinity reference. Either set will sound good on the stock head unit.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Yeah, sports do come with infinity if you get that package, you have to remember dirtydog, sports have all the options non sports have. Either way, your truck is capable of running the components up front also, so you should invest in getting an aftermarket HU, then get 6.5" speakers for the front, not 6X9's, they distort, thats why no high end speaker company makes oval speakers, and if you can try and run an aftermarket amp. And when you choose to install a sub look on ebay for a center console box, they will match the upholstery and it goes right where you center console seat is, the top part of it bolts back on, and you still have a center seat just with a sub in it. BTW, if you have the infinity sound in there, you would have little emblems on the top of your doorpanel that say infinity sound.

Quick Reply: NEW DODGE ~ 2007 QC Sport 4x4 ~ Now need help!