3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Covered under Waranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 PM
elks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covered under Waranty?

I have a 06 mega Cab Hemi with 41,000 miles on it. 2 weeks ago I was backing our little Camp trailer into the drive and started having a hard time getting the steering wheel to turn. Well after I finally got it parked, I opened up the hood and opened the Power Steering to check fluid level. Enough fluid, but the there was a bunch of pressure built up under the cap and the fluid was pretty hot. Yesterday was my first trip in the truck since. The steering is getting worse, the pump is making noise and everytime I check it there is built up of pressure. So it was parked all day today.

Will this be covered under warranty? If not how hard is it to replace a pump? The resivoir looks like a seperate piece so I am guessing that the pump is relatively small and a couple bolts.

Thanks for replies!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:32 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same thing happen to my truck last month. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the power steeriing pump (under warranty). From what I have read this is one of the things our trucks are known for.

Quick Reply: Covered under Waranty?