3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anyone added an AUX cable to their stock radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:02 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

that terk is on ebay for $10

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:02 PM
espinosafell
|
Veteran

See I get what your saying Dirty dog but with minor electrical skills, soldering skills, you can create an AUX cable for under 20 to 30 bucks... Why pay like 70 to 80 bucks of plastic garbage when you can DIY... Cause if im gonig to spend that I'd rather save money and get a head unit... which I will be getting I just want something temporary... Thanks alot everybody... if I cant get the TERK... Im going to create my own and create a DIY for people

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:04 PM
espinosafell
|
Veteran

Haha see I like the 30 bucks price... I can live with that... haha

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:18 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I just don't get why those canbus adapters are so freakin expensive? Especially since it can be done without buying one. i could see if it was an absolute must have and they wanted to rip you off, but it can be done without spending crazy money. I'm sure it can be bought for around $100 on egay?
I totally agree with you on the cost from them. I had never used mine and didnt sell it for a whole lot when I did. Not much used to me with an AVIC, you know?

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:27 PM
espinosafell
|
Veteran

Yea and plus I want to contribute to the site & help out the people who are on a budget who just want to here their iPods or whatever...

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:43 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I totally agree with you on the cost from them. I had never used mine and didnt sell it for a whole lot when I did. Not much used to me with an AVIC, you know?

Yeah no kidding....lol
So many hook-ups I left half of them off.
I never hooked up the parking brake wire(grounded it) swapped the mute wire over 3 and up 1 and grounded that so I could use Navi while driving. Left off the reverse wire(useless) and I left off the speed wire.(works prefectly fine w/out it)

espinosafell I was just showing you a link where it was cheaper than the $199 retail which was the link Weed showed ya. Then i checked and found one for $30. That is well worth the money for all the hassle you would go through re-wiring stuff up.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:53 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

it called a hi-low level adapter. you can get one from your local audio shop for like 10 bucks. maybe the same price offline. all you do is splice it into a set of speaker wires and theres your AUX connection

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:54 PM
espinosafell
|
Veteran

Yeah no kidding....lol
So many hook-ups I left half of them off.
I never hooked up the parking brake wire(grounded it) swapped the mute wire over 3 and up 1 and grounded that so I could use Navi while driving. Left off the reverse wire(useless) and I left off the speed wire.(works prefectly fine w/out it)

espinosafell I was just showing you a link where it was cheaper than the $199 retail which was the link Weed showed ya. Then i checked and found one for $30. That is well worth the money for all the hassle you would go through re-wiring stuff up.
Def good to know once I get my AVIC hopefully soon... Girlfriend is taking her sweet time, but Thanks I just ordered the Terk found it for 23 bucks shipped... So Im excited... Next is chip and wheels...

Old 08-13-2009 | 04:43 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Originally Posted by espinosafell
Next is chip and wheels...

You mean Programer? Anything called a chip is a waste of $$$$. Gotta get a handheld programmer. i think Superchips is better for the 04's but I would use the search function for that answer as there is a lot of info on either SC or Diablo.

Old 08-13-2009 | 04:54 PM
espinosafell
|
Veteran

You mean Programer? Anything called a chip is a waste of $$$$. Gotta get a handheld programmer. i think Superchips is better for the 04's but I would use the search function for that answer as there is a lot of info on either SC or Diablo.
Yea sorry that is what I meant... And I'm looking for a superchip sometime next week or early September...

Quick Reply: Has anyone added an AUX cable to their stock radio