3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Be Careful of Wheels Expert in LowRider Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:58 PM
RedRam02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be Careful of Wheels Expert in LowRider Magazine

I just got screwed trying to order chrome 17's from Wheels Expert in the back of the Lowrider magazine. Took my $600 I Western Unioned to them then decided after they got the money that they didn't have the wheels in stock that they told me they had. They then tried to switch me to 20's (which I ended up getting from someone else) but I was so pi**ed by then that I demanded my money back. We argued for 5 days with me calling them 3-4 times a day (they are located in Oakland, Ca., I am in Ky.) before they finally agreed to send a check back to me. Check came that Saturday...only $480 of my $600 dollars. Charged me a f***ing restocking/cancellation fee!!!!!

Be careful...

Old 03-29-2005, 03:44 PM
RedRam225
Professional
Default RE: Be Careful of Wheels Expert in LowRider Magazine

A restocking fee for wheels they didn't have in stock? Try suing them in small claims court. IN Ky. It would be worth it to them to ry to settle with you.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:52 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No way. What a bunch of a$$holes. How can they charge you a restocking fee for a wheel they don't have. I'd definitely talk to a lawyer.

[sm=signs003.gif]

It's in cases like this where it pays to have a credit card. Just cancel the payment and let them worry about it. They have to pay to dispute the charges.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:54 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they have a website? I can't find anything on that name.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:51 PM
mazz
Veteran

My uncle was a lawyer before he retired. He once told me to never send money by Western Union, unless it was to a relative. Now I know why. What a screw job you got. The problem is, it's not enough for a lawyer to get excited about and I believe you would have to take them to court in their jurisdiction, which would be California. You might try contacting the magazine that accepted the advertisement, and see if they can offer any help or assistance.

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Wheels Expert in LowRider Magazine