3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Warranty Work

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:11 PM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warranty Work

I just dropped my truck off at the dealer for some warranty repairs. The weather stripping on the driver side door was ripped to shreds. There was also a piece of what looks like sound deadening material on the underside of the truck that had been ripped from it's clasp. And last, but not least, the steering wheel vibration when the brakes are applied. Now I have already had the latter serviced with a little over 10,000 miles on the truck. The truck now has a little over 20,000 miles. The service writer told me that he knew that Dodge was repairing the brake shudder but only for 12 months/12,000 miles, but said he would check with his service manager and what was previously done to the truck. He then went on to say that if they do fix it, it will probably require some soft of co-pay? Is this right? That being said, I know there is a TSB out for the brake shudder, so why does it have to be 12 months/12,000 miles. Also, I believe there is a law that states that any warranty work done has a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Can anyone confirm this for me or know of a website that has it in writing. Regardless, if there is a TSB out for my vehicle and my vehicle is showing signs of the problem, aren't they required by law to fix it? I'm not trying to kick up dust, just trying to get the facts. Any and all help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Warranty Work