3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cant figure out how to replace stub shaft on 05 ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009 | 10:30 AM
Stainlesstig2
|
Default Cant figure out how to replace stub shaft on 05 ram

I have a 2005 ram 1500, I stripped my cv shaft and also stripped the "stub shaft" that comes out of the differential. I have the Cv removed and the diff cover off. Im aware that the center pin has to slide out of the way to get the c-clip off the stub shaft to slide it out but i cant figure out how to get that pin or whatever it is backed out so the center pin will slide up. Im stranded in my driveway and cant go to work til i fix this ANY help would be appreciated. THANK YOU! -Aaron powell-

Old 09-22-2009 | 07:56 PM
Stainlesstig2
|

Well since nobody responded to this post a few weeks ago, I'll answer the question for myself just incase anyone else runs into this problem. There is a "roll pin" or "spring pin" that holds the center pin in place. It comes out quite easily by hitting it out with the correct size punch (i used a transfer punch) from the left side access hole (when looking from the front) I felt pretty dumb after figuring this one out haha.

Quick Reply: Cant figure out how to replace stub shaft on 05 ram