3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips stuck in "boot mode"... help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:39 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Superchips stuck in "boot mode"... help?

I plugged my 3815 into my truck the other day to load the performance tune, and nothing would come up on the screen... it would light up, but no words would show up. So I plugged it into my computer, and the superchips updater says it is in "boot mode" and to not unplug it. then it says "0 devices connected" in the lower left corner of the computer screen. I just updated it a week ago, i reinstalled the program twice, and i tried it on another computer. I am wired directly to dsl, and turned off my virus blocker and firewall.
I talked to a guy at superchips, and all the stuff above is what he told me to do... they keep blaming it on my computer, but i think its the tuner... its over a year old so its out of warranty.
Anyone else ever have this problem? any ideas to fix it?

HELP GUYS!!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
ram man17
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow weird because today my superchip did this too! after i updated it I clicked something else and all of a sudden it said 0 and said do not unplug and ****. but i unplugged it anyway and a pop up came up and said contact superchips (scared the **** out of me!) But i just unplugged it and plugged it back in and everything was fine
let me know if it works for you though!

Last edited by ram man17; 09-01-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive unplugged and plugged this bastard in hundreds of times, and it keeps doing the same thing

Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 AM
ram man17
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like your sol! My guess would be to call superchips and try to get things worked out, but if you got another chip wouldnt it not work on your truck cause you already have it tuned with the chip you have now? And with your chip you currently have it is stuck in but mood so you cant return your truck to stock

Quick Reply: Superchips stuck in "boot mode"... help?