3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power door/window issues...help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM
bell927
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power door/window issues...help

2003 dodge ram 1500 quad cab. Here is the situation: Rear passenger side power window will not operate using the master control switch on front drivers side. It will not work using the rear passenger window switch either. I used a good master switch as well as a known good rear passenger switch...still didn't work. Looks like I would need a new motor but there are the other issues: The window lock switch located on the front drivers side master control switch does not lock any of the windows and the power lock switch on the front drivers side master control switch will unlock all doors but will not lock all doors. I can lock/unlock all doors with the remote without issue and the front passenger side door switch will lock/unlock all doors no problem. Are there multiple issues/problems or is one bad part causing multiple failures? Sorry if it is confusing... I will be happy to explain better if needed...thanks in advance.
J

Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the drivers switch module is good, you said you used a good one, then I would start tracing the harness through the door and into the cab. Maybe some pinched wires somewhere?

Quick Reply: power door/window issues...help