3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 PM
dcrow
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intakes

Hey guys I tried to look and find information on the intake I found on ebay which the company was NSYS USA and the intake came with the filter,heat shield and polished tubing,so my question is has anyone bought one and what do you guys think, is it worth the 98.00 shipped.Here is a pic of it what do you think??
Thanks!!!

Last edited by dcrow; 09-10-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the same as the bomz, kool vue, and velocity intakes which are all mopar/aem knockoff's. You should be able to find it for around $70 at somewhere like autopartswarehouse.com. The bracket that hold the filter end on the tube will probably break, it's a common problem and you can rig something up to hold it. Also I recommend replacing the filter w/ an AEM dryflow which are supposed to filter better and are very easy to clean (no oil). I have the spectre intake which is similar except it has moved the mounting point which tends to break.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:52 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Lots of guys run those knock offs. I myself have a knock off although not like that one and it does me just fine. I did notice a difference in throttle response and pulling in the RPM range with it. I had a bit better MPG also but the custom exhaust took care of that for me.

Quick Reply: Air Intakes