3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SHock...ing question

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Docwhitley
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHock...ing question

Some days i wish I would have spent a little more time in the garage instead of on the sales floor...

About 2-3 weeks ago i used my truck to hall a little dirt... ok a lot of dirt. The guys that work for me filled it up to the top of the bed with dirt... The leaf Springs went beyond what I would call safe and sat that way till the next day. Problem is now I feel like the leaf Springs are almost flat. Is there a way to check the leaf Springs out? If they are ruined I thought about replacing them but I wanted to see if anyone uses Airbags.... I figured what the hell do them both at the same time.

Also... Has anyone used the Jack that is a giant Airbag that hooks to your exhaust?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

do your springs moon with no load?? if so they are fine if they are flat they are toast.
i would def recomend air bags allot of us have them and swear by them. i loved mine

Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Docwhitley
Rookie

I was getting all my stuff together to do my mods last week end when I noticed it... so frustrating ... Oh well still waiting for parts to come in... Guess I will just add leaf springs to the list and maybe some airbags

Quick Reply: SHock...ing question