3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 ram evap leaks??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 ram evap leaks??

ok guys well i'm looking for suggestions on my dad's 06 ram. the thing threw a p0456 code for a small evap leak. it's been back and forth with the dealer trying to get it fixed. i recently posted a thread about them replacing the gas tank. well today was the day and the new tank is in and the problem is now worse. throwing codes for large evap leaks. does anyone have ANY suggestions on what could possibly be the problem here?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
MexiRam
Professional

do you have any mods. My 2003 had a small evap leak it was annoying i thought it was the exauhust.i winded up being one of the hoses that connect to the canister right underneath the drivers side it was creacked and i replaced it the code was gone.Do you know if is still under warranty?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
jarhead03
Veteran

Check gas cap, hoses in and out of evap box, check your air box seals, make sure your throttle body cover is on tight, i even removed the iac and anothr sensor completely. None of those may have anything to do with evap but my light hasnt come back on for two days.

Quick Reply: 06 ram evap leaks??